J.J. Keller Business Associates have developed 2290online.com for filing Highway Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) or Form 2290 electronically online.
Many professional truck drivers are familiar with the name because of their trucking publications such as the 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG): Spiral Bound (which you may buy through Amazon.com, with whom we have an affiliate relationship).
They prominently proclaim that they are an “Authorized IRS e-file provider” and they answer quite a number of questions on their website.
Their fact sheet says that if you use their service
… you typically get an electronic stamped Schedule 1, your proof of payment, within 24 hours of filing. This comes to you via e-mail as a PDF, which is used as a proof of payment for state vehicle registration.
Although we found it a bit difficult to find on the site (because the link is in small print on the home page), they have a split pricing option;
- Pay Per Filing and
- Annual Filing Fee.
The cost to file each Form 2290 for 1 – 24 vehicles is $34.99, the highest price of any online Form 2290 e-filing service that we found (as of August 3, 2012).
Still, there may be some value associated with the service that merits the higher cost. You decide.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used the services of 2290online.com within the last year, we invite you to review it through the form below, answering questions such as these:
- What did you like and dislike about the service?
- How well did the service work to file your Highway Vehicle Use Tax form?
- Did the service automatically fill in your information on all forms you needed to print based on your input?
- How would you rate the quality of the service?
- Do you think the service was worth the price you paid for it?
- How much time did this service save you?
- Would you buy this service again and why?