“are small, efficient wishbone shaped vortex generators that are a practical and cost effective solution to the problem of suction or ‘base pressure’ aerodynamic drag at the back of large vehicles and at the tractor/trailer gap.”
She told Mike about her find and he said he has seen them installed on tractor trailer rigs in the USA.
On a standard 18-wheeler, there are two air drag areas:
- directly behind the tractor and
- directly behind the trailer.
These devices can be installed in both locations to reduce drag.
According to the website, they can “deliver fuel savings in the 2% to 5% range” and “[any] big box going down the road at highway speeds is a candidate”.
The product can be matched in color (link).
The website has downloadable installation instructions.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used Airtab aerodynamic vortex generators in the course of your work within the last 6 months, we invite you to review them on this page through the form below, answering questions such as these:
- How many did you buy and where did you install them?
- What was the primary benefit you were hoping to receive by using them?
- What benefits did you actually receive?
- How would you rate the quality and fuel saving ability of the products?
- Were the products worth the price you paid for them?
- How did the products save you money?
- Would you buy the products again and why?