Have you ever wished you could read product reviews on items marketed to and sold to truck drivers — particularly at truck stops — before you plunk down your hard-earned money?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Through this website, we provide real world tips that help professional truck drivers save hard-earned money and personal reporting about products and services for use on the road.
On this page, we will link to specific items that we have personally tested, including those we have used in the trucks we have driven.
We provide the pros and cons.
We are also asking for your product reviews of items marketed to or used by truckers, those for your own personal use and those for use in your truck.
Lots Of Trucker Products Are For Sale
If you’re like us, you’ve walked around in the chain truck stops and seen lots of items for sale in the travel stores.
You’ve been around long enough to know that some of those items just look cheap — even though they may be sold at what seems like a premium price!
Some items may indeed be sturdy, durable, long-lasting and worth the cost — while others aren’t worth a plugged nickel.
Our Product Reviews
Here’s our list of product reviews that we
- have personally written (linked) and
- plan to review (not yet linked):
- 12 volt DC inverter
- 12-Volt Tornado Fan.
- Aluminum forms holder
- Arctic Breeze Truck AC
- Bubba Keg
- Cobra Heavy Duty Bluetooth Headset
- Coleman ice chest
- The Enforcer king pin lock
- Debbie Meyer™ GreenBags®
- Freightliner Cascadia
- Krud Kutter
- Mountain House Freeze Dried Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
- Mountain House Freeze Dried Beef Stew
- Nighthawk Ultralight
- PowerHunt 12 volt products
- Presto Kitchen Kettle (hot pot)
- Seagate Portable Hard Drive
- Siphon pump
- Thermoelectric cooler
- Thetford Porta Potti 365
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- The Trucker’s Friend: National Truck Stop Directory
- Trucker’s Workstation ™ Laptop Stand by Cyber Trucker
For truckers looking to publish their own e-books, Vicki reviewed an Amazon Marketing Book by Shelley Hitz.
Product Reviews Requested
Just because we plan to review the items listed above does not mean that you cannot provide a review of your own.
If you have had a bad experience with an item that we had a good experience with — or you have had a good experience with an item that we had a bad experience with — that’s OK!
If you look at the customer reviews on sites like Amazon.com, you’ll see that people have written about their wide range of experiences: good, bad, and everywhere in between.
There’s an old adage about getting the testimony of two or three witnesses.
So, please feel free to write about what you know.
Types of Products We’d Like to Have Reviewed
We are seeking product reviews from professional drivers on all sorts of items.
(By the way, we believe that if a trucking product manufacturer makes a claim, we believe that truckers deserve substantiation of it.)
While we will be expanding this list (and do not endorse any product listed below), we would especially like to have product reviews on the following:
- 12-volt products:
- Aerodynamic improvers
- Auxiliary Power Units (APUs):
- Dynasys by Hodyon
- Go Green APU
- Barjan products
- Bostech Fuel EGR Coolers
- Call Capture cellular signal amplifier
- CB radios:
- Cobra (all models)
- Cigarette smoking cessation/replacement products:
- Smoke Away
- Cooking appliances:
- Energy bars, meal replacement bars, snack bars:
- Kashi GoLean
- Lean Muscle
- Marathon Energy
- Nature Valley Granola
- Power Bar
- Supreme Protein
- South Beach Living
- Special K Protein
- Energy shots or drinks:
- 5-Hour Energy
- Full Throttle
- Monster Energy
- Red Bull
- Entertainment options:
- Exercise programs:
- FireStik® antennas
- Food products:
- Fuel additives:
- Diesel Boost Plus by NorthingtonEnergy
- FPPF Fuel Power
- Howes Lubricator
- Power Service Diesel 9-1-1®
- Fuel Shark
- GPS units:
- Innovation Factory Truckers Friend
- Lug nut torque indicators
- The Mud Flap Jack
- Nap Zapper Anti-Sleep Alarm
- Neck wrap products
- Personal hygiene items:
- Security devices:
- king pin locks
- glad hand locks
- trailer door locks
- Smell Zapper Odor Eliminator
- Strap winding products
- Trailer Locking Pin Locator
- TruckFridge (all models)
- TyrFil (R) polyurethane tire fill
- Truck Spec® products
We make a distinction between products like this that don’t come equipped on a truck and truck parts.
Just because you don’t see an item listed doesn’t mean that you can’t write a review about it.
If you are interested in providing a product review, please see the information under our money saving tip below.
Additional Product Reviews
Some of these resources have been provided by others.
- 24 volt coffee maker
- 8000 pro hd
- Airtabs worked for me
- Review of Brownie Mix from Valley Food Storage
- Burton Digital stove
- Burton Digital Stove
- Burton Digital Stove to Go
- Burton Products are Junk
- Burton Stove ~ To ~ Go
- Review of Cheesy Mac by Valley Food Storage
- Cobra 6500 Pro HD Review
- Cobra 7750 Pro
- Cobra 7750 review
- cobra 7750 review
- Cobra 8200 pro
- cobra 8200 pro hd
- Cobra Model 7750 vs Rand McNally Model 720
- cobra pro 8000
- Digital Stove to go
- Digital stove to go
- Falcon Eye Dash Cams
- Garmin dezcamlm
- Garmin GPS 465T
- Good idea cord gets very hot.
- Great Cooker, except…
- JB Hunt driver comments on Locking Pin Locator
- Klenz towel lover here!
- Laptop stand
- Locking Pin Locator
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!
- Reviews of Magellan GPS Navigation Systems by Truckers
- Max Burton Digital Stove To Go
- Max Burton Stove on the Go model #6900
- Max Burton stove to go
- Micro Easy Grab Review: 8-in-1 Silicone Kitchenware Disks
- Review of Multi Grain Cereal from Valley Food Storage
- My lunchbox heater-upper
- Never heard of that before
- nice Idea bad impimentation
- Not the best routing on 710 model
- Old iPhone
- Out Of Route Rand McNally 510
- portable stove
- PowerHunt Products
- Rain-X Wax
- rand McNally gps
- Reader Review: burton digital stove to go
- reviewing cobra 8200hd
- Road Pro 12 Volt Portable Stove
- road pro lunch box
- RoadPro Lunchbox
- road pro portable stove
- RoadPro Portable Stove
- roadpro stove
- Small oven bags for Burton?
- The digital stove to go
- This GPS stinks
- Three ring binder
- Tire Flatproofing for commerical trucks – NOT POSSIBLE
- TRACKER LUNCHBOX OVEN ALUMINUM LINERS
- Truckers Fridge
- Volvo Visors Breaking Hinges?
- vu qube v10
- Want to have quieter running engine?
- wish i had found this before!!
- Xtreme Fuel Treatment Review
Money saving tip: If you have ever pulled up product reviews or customer ratings on a website to see what the editors, experts or users have written, you know that people sometimes take great pains to give the pros and cons of using various items to encourage or warn future buyers, as the case may warrant.
The magazine Consumer Reports contains “reviews and comparisons of consumer products and services based on reporting and results from its in-house testing laboratory.”*
In this case, you are the consumer; you do your own product testing.
Just because an item may be sold in a truckstop — supposedly for use in trucks — does not mean that it will work well in trucks.
If you find something particularly appealing or disturbing, your review can mean the difference between a sale and a pass at the store by a fellow driver.
Think of it as either a personal recommendation (like a money saving tip) or a personal warning like you would give face-to-face.