Have you ever wished you could read service reviews on services marketed to and sold to truck drivers, before you plunk down your hard-earned money?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Through this website, we provide real world tips that help professional truck drivers save hard-earned money and personal reporting about products and services for use on the road.
On this page, we will link to specific services that we have personally tested, including those we have used in the trucks we have driven.
We provide the pros and cons.
We are also asking for your service reviews of items marketed to or used by truckers, those for your own personal use and those for use in your truck.
Lots Of Trucker Services Are For Sale
If you’re like us, you’ve seen many advertisements for both trucker services and truck services.
You’ve been around long enough to know that some of those services weren’t what you were expecting — even though they may be sold at what seems like a premium price!
Some services may indeed be under-priced or priced just right for what you receive, while others aren’t worth a plugged nickel.
Our Service Reviews
Here’s our list of service reviews that we
- have personally written (linked) and
- plan to review (not yet linked):
- CAT scales;
- CB radio shop/technician.
- TripPak Express;
- Verizon Wireless mobile broadband and;
- Verizon mobile hotspot.
Service Reviews Requested
Just because we plan to review the services listed above does not mean that you cannot provide a review of your own.
If you have had a bad experience with a service that we had a good experience with — or you have had a good experience with a service that we had a bad experience with — that’s OK!
If you look at the customer reviews on sites like Amazon.com, you’ll see that people have written about their wide range of experiences: good, bad, and everywhere in between.
What you don’t usually find on Amazon.com — because it is geared for products, not services — are service reviews.
There’s an old adage about getting the testimony of two or three witnesses.
So, please feel free to write about what you know.
Types of Services We’d Like to Have Reviewed
We’re seeking service reviews from professional drivers on all sorts of services.
(By the way, we believe that if a service provider makes a claim, we believe that truckers deserve substantiation of it.)
While we will be expanding this list (and do not endorse any service listed below), we would especially like to have service reviews on the following:
- Accounting service
- Anti-Idling services
- Chain-up service
- Credit cards and their bonus points programs
- Document processing/scanning services
- TripPak Express
- Drivers Legal Plan
- Driver loyalty rewards programs
- Form 2290 HVUT filing services
- Freight brokers
- Freight factoring services
- Gift cards
- Load boards
- Medical service
- Road service
- Shuttle (airport, hotel, etc.)
- Sirius radio
- Toll roads
- Truck business management services
- Truck insurance
- Truck leasing
- Truck repair shops
- Truck wash
Just so you know, on our trucker services page, we make a distinction between:
- Trucking services, also known as vehicle services, are for trucks.
- Trucker services, also known as driver services, are for truckers.
Feel free to write a service review about either of these services on this page.
Just because you don’t see a service listed doesn’t mean that you can’t write a review about it.
If you are interested in providing a service review, please see the information under our money saving tip below.
Additional Service Reviews
Some of these resources have been provided by others.
- Additional info to my previous post about TVC
- good service repensintation
- Great Service
- Great Service and a Great Price
- great shower
- Idleair is a great value.
- Idle air sucks.
- I used truckdues.com it costs $7.99 only
- Out of service made out great! (TVC Review)
- Outstanding service and satisfaction with TVC
- Review of Truckers Voice in Court
- Service not to use not identified
- Service was great! Saved me Thousands!
- Sirius radio review
- So Far So Good
- Thankful IdleAir is BACK!
- THEY DID OK WITH MY TICKETS
- TVC is not all it’s cracked up to be!
- TVC: They did nothing, but charge money
- Ultimate P M Flop
- Waste of money
- Worthless Worthless Worthless
Money saving tip: If you have ever pulled up a product review, service review or customer rating on a website to see what the editors, experts or users have written, you know that people sometimes take great pains to give the pros and cons of using various products and services to encourage or warn future buyers, as the case may warrant.
The magazine Consumer Reports contains “reviews and comparisons of consumer products and services based on reporting and results from its in-house testing laboratory.”*
In this case, you are the consumer; you do your own service testing.
Just because a service may be sold to truckers — whether or not for use in trucks — does not mean that it works well.
If you find something particularly appealing or disturbing, your review can mean the difference between a sale and a pass by a fellow driver.
Think of it as either a personal recommendation (like a money saving tip) or a personal warning like you would give face-to-face.