This “Restaurant Review Petro North Carolina Mebane” is a review of the restaurant at the Petro Stopping Center in Mebane, NC, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like — as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
Location: Petro Stopping Center, Mebane, NC, I-85/I-40, exit 157
Overall Facility: Restaurant Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- This is a no-smoking facility.
- There is an area for diners just inside the restaurant (usually populated by professional truck drivers) and plenty of seating in the back past the buffet.
- A buffet is featured nightly with meats, vegetables, soup, salad items and desserts.
- Diners may order from the menu.
Pros: Restaurant Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- There was plenty of just about everything on the bar when we came through.
- There was a wide variety of entrees.
- The cottage cheese on the salad bar did not have anything added to it (like little green flecks of something that some restaurants add to theirs).
- There was chocolate pudding as a dessert option.
- Our waitress, Deborah, was outstanding. She reminded Vicki of the constantly moving character “Flo” on the video game “Flo’s Diner.” She was friendly, out-going, and very attentive to diners. Our drink glasses never got empty before she refilled them.
Cons: Restaurant Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- There was no attendant behind the bar to cut meat at the time Vicki was getting her entree.
- There were no soup bowls on the bar at the time Vicki went to get dessert; however, they were being restocked as we were leaving the restaurant.
Overall grade for this restaurant at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): A