This “Restaurant Review Petro Virginia Glade Spring” is a review of the restaurant at the Petro Stopping Center in Glade Spring, KY, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like — as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Petro Virginia Glade Spring
Location: Petro Stopping Center, Glade Spring, VA, I-81, exit 29
Overall facility: Restaurant Review Petro Virginia Glade Spring
- This restaurant is laid out differently from most Petro Iron Skillet restaurants we’ve been in, but there is still seating before and after the hot and cold bars.
- A buffet is featured daily with meats, vegetables, soup, salad items and desserts.
- Diners may order from the menu.
Pros: Restaurant Review Petro Virginia Glade Spring
- There was plenty of just about everything on the hot and cold bars when we came through.
- The entrees that we ate were the fried chicken, sliced beef, lasagna and fried fish.
- Mike thought the lasagna was really good.
- The hot vegetables we ate included green beans, mashed potatoes, carrots and corn.
- Vicki note that the cooked carrots were firm, not mushy.
- There were two types of soup and rolls available but we didn’t eat any.
- The salad bar carried numerous common items including iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, raw cauliflower, baby corn, croutons, sunflower seeds, and whole boiled eggs.
- Mike topped off his salad with a salad dressing.
- Vicki topped off her salad with cottage cheese, which appeared to have nothing added to it (just the way she likes it).
- One of Mike’s favorite dishes at this restaurant is their fresh fruit salad, composed of cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pineapple, orange segments and red grapes. He also got some strawberry chunks to go on it. Yum!
- We both had the German chocolate cake for dessert. Yum!
Cons: Restaurant Review Petro Virginia Glade Spring
- In the past, the service at this restaurant has been excellent. During this particular visit, we were very disappointed. When we asked for “water with lemon,” the lemon wedges arrived in the water, not perched on the edges of the glasses or pitcher. The levels of water in our glasses and pitcher were not watched, so we had to ask for a second pitcher of water. The first person to wait on us was not the person whose name was on the receipt. Our used dishes, used napkins and squeezed out lemon rinds were not whisked away quickly. We wonder if the second person who came by our table (who only handed us our check and extra napkins) was going by a nickname derived from the name on the receipt. The only thing we can figure regarding the “service” we received is that the second person who came by must have been on break when we first came in, so the first person was filling in for her. While both waitresses were friendly, neither of them did a very good job of monitoring our table. For this reason, we hesitate to mention their names online.
- The fried fish could have been hotter and crisper.
Overall grade for this restaurant at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): B-