This “Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton” is a review of the Steak ‘n Shake restaurant at the Pilot Travel Center in Tifton, GA, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like — as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton
Location: Pilot Travel Center, Tifton, GA, I-75, exit 60
Overall Facility: Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton
- This restaurant has a 1950s motif and multiple seating options.
- All orders were placed from the menu.
- On this day, we had dinner.
- We had never eaten at a Steak ‘n Shake before, so we didn’t know what to expect.
Pros: Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton
- Our waitress, Ashley, was friendly and perky.
- We both ordered a Grilled Portobello ‘n Swiss Steakburger, a milkshake and ice water.
- Ashley asked us what kind of fries we wanted with our steakburgers and rattled off a whole list of options from which we selected one. The fries turned out to be thinner than any we’d ever seen before but were very hot and crisp.
- Our steakburgers were hot and juicy.
- Not being one to order cheese on her burgers, Vicki wondered about how the Swiss cheese would affect the taste of her steakburger. Upon tasting her steakburger, she declared that the cheese had a very mild flavor and enhanced the overall flavor of the burger.
- Mike ordered a Double Chocolate Fudge milkshake and enjoyed every swallow.
- Vicki ordered a Mint Cookies and Cream milkshake, wondering if it would taste similar to mint chocolate chip ice cream. With real chunks of cookies in it, Vicki also enjoyed every bite — that is, the bites she did not share with Mike. 🙂
- We enjoyed the music playing in the background.
Photos: Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton
Vicki’s Grilled Portobello ‘n Swiss Steakburger and fries at Steak ‘n Shake at the Pilot Travel Center in Tifton, GA.
Mike’s Grilled Portobello ‘n Swiss Steakburger and fries at Steak ‘n Shake at the Pilot Travel Center in Tifton, GA.
Display card on table showing the Mint Cookies and Cream milkshake at the Steak ‘n Shake at the Pilot Travel Center in Tifton, GA.
This is the type of milkshake that Vicki had. Yum!
Cons: Restaurant Review Pilot Georgia Tifton
- Unfortunately, Vicki forgot to take photos of our milkshakes before we started eating/drinking them.
- Based on the photos we saw on the menu, we were prepared for larger burgers than those that arrived. Vicki told Mike before seeing them that she might not be able to eat her whole burger (because she had never eaten a burger with two patties on it before). However, since the patties were thinner and not as wide as what was pictured, she ate her whole burger.
Overall grade for this restaurant at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): A-