This “Shower Review Pilot North Carolina Mebane” is a review of the shower facility at the Pilot Travel Center in Mebane, NC, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like, our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and our observations.
Shower Review Pilot North Carolina Mebane
Location: Pilot Travel Center, Mebane, NC, I-40/85, exit 152
Overall Facility: Shower Review Pilot North Carolina Mebane
- Showers assigned automatically via kiosk
- Keyless entry via keypad (code on printout from kiosk)
- Able to get more towels from attendant
- Shower number being called could be heard in the travel store
- Shower number corresponding to shower customer could be seen on monitor
- Shower is free with minimum 50 gallon purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the nation within the last 5 days.
- This particular Pilot appeared to have college team “decorations” on all of its showers.
Shower #5 (This shower had Eastern Carolina University decorations.)
Pros: Shower Review Pilot North Carolina Mebane
- Shower was clean upon arrival
- There was plenty of counter space at sink
- Mirror was well positioned on wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was good
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Water pressure in shower was good
- Showerhead delivered water in a good spray (like a home showerhead)
- Showerhead could be positioned where needed
- Towels were thick and thirsty (like a beach towel)
- Washcloth was sufficiently thick
- Toilet flushed well
- Two paper bathmats were provided
- A small packaged bar of soap was provided
- The built-in seat was big enough to hold an oversized shower bag
- Shower water temperature and pressure seemed consistent even when a toilet was flushed.
- Ventilation in the room was good; there was no fogging of the mirror at any time.
Cons: Shower Review Pilot North Carolina Mebane
- We (and another driver) had to wait for the attendant to show up to get extra towels
- There was a fan mounted on the wall, but no electrical cord extending to plug in; furthermore, the fan was not powered remotely because pulling the speed selection cord did nothing.
- Showerhead was not positioned so as to let the water temperature be set without getting wet
- Showerhead was not positioned in the stall so as to minimize splattering on floor outside stall
- There was no door restrictor
- One or two tiles on the shower stall floor seemed slightly higher than the others, which could contribute to customers having trouble standing comfortably
- The towel hooks were mounted on the back of the door, on the other side of the room from the shower stall.
Overall grade for this shower at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): B