“the Next EXIT” has been called “The Most Complete Interstate Highway Guide Ever Printed.”
An issue has been published annually since at least 2008 (publication dates of some issues being listed below).
At right, you can see a photo of Mike Simons in the driver’s seat of his company-issued truck, in which he is looking through both
- The Trucker’s Friend and
- the Next EXIT.
About the Next EXIT
The listing on Amazon.com includes:
- The most complete guide of USA Interstate Highway exit services ever printed.
- Gas, food, lodging, shopping and other services, find every thing you need in the windshield, not the rear view mirror!
- Updated annually, this traveler’s bible is the golden standard for finding services at every USA Interstate Highway exit.
- Must Have Reference for Travelers, RVers & Truckers
- The Ultimate Road Trip Planner
- Made in USA.
Please note that this book is not a truck parking guide. For that kind of information, we strongly suggest looking at The Ultimate Truck Parking Guide.
Publication Dates of the Next EXIT
In reverse chronological order, here are the publication dates of some of the most recent issues of the Next EXIT.
- 2022: January 31, 2022
- 2021: January 14, 2021
- 2020: January 2, 2020
- 2019: January 10, 2019
- 2018: January 1, 2018
- 2017: January 1, 2017
- 2016: January 1, 2016
- 2015: January 15, 2015
- 2014: December 15, 2013
- 2013: January 1, 2013
Questions Asked on The Next EXIT Cover
Have you ever…
- Exited the interstate and found no decent services?
- Passed an exit and looked back at the motel, restaurant, or gas station you wanted?
- Guess the distance to the next exit that had services you needed?
- Grabbed bland food, bought expensive gasoline, or stayed in a bad motel because you couldn’t find anything else?
The author, Mark Watson, says: “You Need This Book!”
Mike’s Review of the Next EXIT
The photo of Mike consulting the Next EXIT (above) was taken in 2009, which means that the issue he was consulting was possibly 2008 or 2009. Every succeeding issue has most likely gotten only better over time. Mike said that he specifically likes these things about the book:
- It details all services and businesses at a specific interstate exit, including which side they are on (north, south, east or west).
- It is updated every year.
- The book style makes it easy to use.
- It is in alphabetical order by state name.
Others’ Feedback about the Next EXIT
The 2020 issue of the Next EXIT was published on January 2, 2020, and as of November 4, 2020, has 835 global ratings with 4.5 stars out of 5. For full disclosure, one of the reviewers of the book did state:
“This book is easier [to] use than any electronic device, hands down!”
So, we leave it for you to decide.
Where to Buy
The listing below is from Amazon.com, with which we have an affiliate relationship.
[adinserter name=”Block 5″]