Vicki researched flatbed cargo strap winders and found the Easy Belt Roller, which is designed using a pull cord.
The device attaches on the end of a flatbed winch and allows the driver to roll straps as easily as pulling a cord.
According to the video, a driver can use the product to roll straps about 5 times faster than manually rolling cargo straps.
(Disclaimer: Mike says that the way the driver in the video is using the winch to wind the straps is the “hard, time-consuming way” and that he used a different, faster manual method to roll his straps. Still, upon looking at the video below, he declared the product to be “ingenious.”)
The device requires no electricity to operate and can roll straps from either end, strap end or hook end (the latter of which allows straps to be prepped to throw over loads).
According to their YouTube video embedded just below,
EasyBeltRoller is for truckers that drives Flatbed trailer. It allow you to roll your straps on the winch 5 time faster than manually.
Compact, easy to use, affordable, fast and efficient, it’s a tool that every trucker must have.
The website was easybeltroller.ca but as of January 2020, appears to no longer be working.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used the Easy Belt Roller Pull Cord Strap Winder within the last 6 months, we invite you to review it through the form below, answering questions such as these:
- How well did it work to roll your straps compared to manual rolling?
- How much time did you save on average per load using the product?
- Was the non-electronic aspect of this device a positive or negative for you?
- How would you rate the quality of the product?
- Do you think the product was worth the price you paid for it?
- Would you buy this product again and why?