The name is obviously a different spelling of the words “ViewCube” – which is an indication of what the product provides.
The photo here shows a display at a truck stop for this system.
You can see at a glance the size of the unit mounted on top of the display.
Let’s take a closer look…
It is not possible to tell from this photo of the dome on top of a truck mounting bracket which model of VuQube this is.
At one time, the manufacturer’s website showed 3 models specifically mentioned as being for trucks: V10, V20 and V30.(1)
There was also quite a difference in the price.
The photo shown here is a close-up of the display providing details about the “Mobile Satellite TV Antenna System.”
This product is advertised as: going from “Drive Time to Show Time in No Time”; having easy installation; and a mounting system that “fits most trucks.”
The sign gives details under these bullet points:
The Better Antenna
Installs in Minutes
Fast Acquisition of Signal
Works with Existing Subscription.
The following is a link from Amazon.com, with whom we have an affiliate relationship.
Description from Amazon.com:
In-motion truck-mount satellite antenna with auto-signal-find.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used a VuQube truck-mountable satellite antenna system — apart from the satellite TV service you use — in your truck within the last 6 months, we invite you to review it on this page through the form below, answering questions such as these:
- How easy was the installation? Was it really a one-person set-up?
- Which network(s) or channel(s) did you want to view and were you able to view them clearly?
- Did you buy your product in a truck stop or somewhere else?
- How would you rate the quality of the product?
- Was the product worth the price you paid for it?
- How did the product save you time or money or both?
- Would you buy the product again and why?
1. www.kingcontrols.com/vu_qube/vuqube.asp (no longer online)