According to the card, this company has a “comprehensive program that offers a cost-effective and time-sensitive solution for diagnosing and treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).”
The back of the card provides some reasons for using the service, all written from the perspective of a trucking company:
- “STOP SPENDING too much on your health care costs. …”
- “STOP WORRYING about liability and risk. …”
- “STOP LOSING good employees. …”
The back of the card continues with information of interest to professional truck drivers. The service:
- has a nationwide network of home care companies (implied: USA);
- provides quick turnaround on testing drivers for OSA; and
- gives a less expensive, more comfortable, more convenient and a more realistic night’s sleep through home sleep studies.
As a personal observation, when Vicki visited the website listed on the card — homelinksdiagnostics.com/ — in January 2013, another website came up: http://www.nationalsleepservices.com/.
As of June 2022, the site wasn’t coming up at all or forwarding.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used the Homelink Diagnostics obstructive sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment program within the last 6 months, we invite you to review it through the form below, answering questions such as these:
- Were you able to be tested in your own home or truck?
- How thorough were the instructions about setting up the test?
- If you were tested in your home or truck, how much money did you save compared to having to go to a sleep lap for OSA testing?
- Do you feel as though you got the same quality of testing with this company’s equipment as you would have gotten if you had gone to a sleep lab?
- If the test revealed that you needed OSA treatment, how easy was it to be fitted for a CPAP machine or other device?
- After being fitted for a CPAP machine from this company, how much better have you been able to sleep?