Vicki saw a video about a Cobber body cooling neck wrap that works on the principle of evaporative cooling.
The device contains “poly crystals” that absorb water to assist with body temperature.
For professional truck drivers, we can envision that any “body cooling” product could help in situations where heat-related
illnesses might be a problem.
(On our drinking water page, we share the true account of how Mike became ill from getting too hot on the job.)
As it turns out, there are many such neck wrap products on the market, like the one shown here from Amazon.com, with which we have an affiliate relationship.
Home support team members might even like to make products like this if they could find (or make) a pattern and find the crystals to put in them.
Vicki tried to find a source that identified the “poly crystals” — which supposedly can hydrate and dehydrate hundreds of
We do not know if this substance is what is used in other similar products or not.
Although we have zeroed in on the “body cooling” aspects of neck wraps — in which the crystals are hydrated in cool or cold
water — supposedly the crystals can also be hydrated with warm water for soothing heat.
Note: The product we’re specifically addressing on this page is the type where the crystals
hydrate and use evaporative cooling. There are also products on the market that use gel packs or ice packs that can be frozen before being worn. If you would like to review one of the latter, please do so through our product reviews page.
We ask professional truck drivers who have used any kind of evaporative cooling product like this to review the one you used.
If you are a professional truck driver and you have used any body cooling neck wrap product (like Cobber) within the last 6 months, we invite you to review it through the form below, answering questions such as
- What was the name of the product you used?
- How easy was it to use the product?
- How long did the cooling effect last in what kind of conditions?
- Prior to using a body cooling product like this, how did you stay cool so as to avoid heat-related illness?
- Do you feel as though you were able to work longer in a hot environment because you used the product?
- Have you experienced any heat-related illness while using an evaporative cooling device like the one you used?
- How much did you pay for the product and is it worth what you paid for it?
- Would you buy the product again?