This “Restaurant Review Petro Kentucky Glendale” is a review of the restaurant at the Petro Stopping Center in Glendale, KY, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like — as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Petro Kentucky Glendale
Location: Petro Stopping Center, Glendale, KY, I-65, exit 86
Overall Facility: Restaurant Review Petro Kentucky Glendale
- There is an area for diners just inside the restaurant (usually populated by professional truck drivers) and plenty of seating in the back past the buffet.
- A buffet is featured daily with meats, vegetables, soup, salad items and desserts.
- Diners may order from the menu.
Professional driver Mike Simons visits the salad bar at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
Professional driver Mike Simons visits the entree hot bar at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
Pros: Restaurant Review Petro Kentucky Glendale
- There was plenty of just about everything on the bar when we came through.
- There was a wide variety of entrees, including fried chicken, sliced beef, barbeque ribs, sirloin steak, lasagna, sweet and sour, and yakisobi.
- The hot vegetables included green beans, lima beans, black eyed peas, carrots and corn.
- There were several selections of breads, including rolls, cornbread and freshly baked French bread.
- The salad bar carried numerous common items including iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices, grape tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, ham chunks, diced hard boiled egg, other types of salads like potato salad, salad dressings and toppings like sunflower kernels. Nacho chips were also available.
- The varieties of soup available were beef and cabbage and chicken gumbo.
- Among the desserts were white cake, individual cheesecake pies with graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding, chocolate mousse, and cinnamon rolls.
- Our waitress, Chandra, was friendly and attentive to diners. When she brought our drink order, she automatically put out extra napkins and straws.
Our plates are full of salad and hot bar items, obtained at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
The two plates that Mike got at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
Salad is on the left; hot bar items are on the right.
The entrees he got on this first trip were a piece of fried chicken, barbeque ribs and sirloin steak.
He also got mashed potatoes.
The two plates that Vicki got at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
Salad is on the right; hot bar items are on the left.
The entrees she got were a piece of fried chicken and a small piece of sirloin steak.
She also got green beans, corn, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes and a roll.
Cons: Restaurant Review Petro Kentucky Glendale
- There was no cottage cheese on the salad bar.
- There was a small dark lump in the potatoes that Vicki got from the hot bar that was not skins. Vicki was not sure what it was, so she didn’t eat it.
The plate containing items from Mike’s second trip to the hot bar at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
He got sliced beef, more barbeque ribs, lima beans and rice topped with gravy.
He said that the barbeque pork ribs were so good that they were worth getting a second helping.
He gave a dab of it to Vicki, who declared that the barbeque seasoning was not overwhelming and allowed the flavor of the meat to come through.
Our plates of dessert items obtained at the Petro Iron Skillet restaurant in Glendale, KY.
In the left plate is chocolate pudding and chocolate mousse.
In the right plate is chocolate mousse, with a cinnamon bun in the black bowl.
The individual cheesecake in a graham cracker crust is shown at the top.
Note: We have enjoyed eating at this restaurant every time we’ve visited.
On this day, we spoke with both the restaurant manager (Steve) and the truck stop general manager (Dominic) to let them know how much we enjoyed our lunch.
Overall grade for this restaurant at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): A