This “Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle” is a review of the restaurant at the Petro Stopping Center in Carlisle, PA, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a restaurant that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like — as well as our own preferences in foodstuffs.
Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
Location: Petro Stopping Center, Carlisle, PA, I-81, exit 52
Overall Facility: Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
- The restaurant had counter seating, booth seating and table seating. Seats just inside the restaurant are generally reserved for professional drivers.
- On this day, we had dinner from the Sunday buffet for $10.99 each.
- Diners may also order from the menu.
Pros: Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
- There was plenty of just about everything on the hot bar, bread area, soup section, dessert spread and salad bar. When we went to go get our salads, one of the workers was refilling the kettles with salad components.
- Vicki’s salad consisted of lettuce (probably Romaine, as it did not look like Iceberg), cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, cauliflower florets, cucumber slices, diced hard boiled egg and shredded cheddar cheese.
- On her entrees and side vegetables plate, Vicki got a slice of roast beef, a slice of ham, a portion of turkey, a dab of mashed potatoes, a small helping of stuffing, corn, green beans, broccoli and a bread stick.
- Mike’s salad contained lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, shredded cheddar cheese, diced hard boiled egg, salad dressing, raw broccoli, sunflower kernels and chow mein noodles.
- On his first entrees and side vegetables plate, Mike got turkey, roast beef, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and two bread sticks.
- On his return trip to the hot bar, Mike got more turkey, more fried chicken, whole berry cranberry sauce and another bread stick.
- Vicki’s fruit and dessert plate held pineapple chunks, slices of watermelon, a slice of blueberry pie and a chocolate chunk cookie. She was impressed with the latter two, giving Mike a bite of the blueberry pie. She doesn’t know what “chunks” were in the cookie, but the cookie tasted great.
- Mike liked the blueberry pie so much that he got a slice for himself along with a chocolate chunk cookie.
- The bread sticks were nice and soft and had a mild garlic taste to them.
- Vicki commented on how the ham was nice and sweet.
- Our waitress, Ashley, was friendly and attentive. She was kind enough to say that if there was anything that we needed to let her know. Upon Mike’s request, she brought lemon for our ice water in a side container and extra napkins.
Photos, Part 1: Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
Vicki’s salad at the Petro Iron Skillet Restaurant in Carlisle, PA.
Vicki’s plate of entrees and vegetable sides at the Petro Iron Skillet Restaurant in Carlisle, PA.
Mike’s salad at the Petro Iron Skillet Restaurant in Carlisle, PA.
Mike’s first plate of entrees and vegetable sides at the Petro Iron Skillet Restaurant in Carlisle, PA.
Photos, Part 2: Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
Mike’s second plate of entrees and vegetable sides at Petro Iron Skillet in Carlisle, PA.
Vicki’s plate of fruit and dessert at the Petro Iron Skillet in Carlisle, PA.
Cons: Restaurant Review Petro Pennsylvania Carlisle
- There was no cottage cheese on the salad bar.
- If you examine Vicki’s entrees and side vegetables plate closely, you’ll see two different colors of cooked broccoli: a brighter green (not cooked as long) and a faded green (cooked longer). The brighter green broccoli has been put under the faded color broccoli on the hot bar.
- The green beans seemed a bit mushy as though they had been cooked too long.
- The watermelon was not as sweet as Vicki had hoped for; however, she bears in mind that the two pieces she got were side pieces, close to the rind.
- Vicki noticed a sticky spot on the table only after pulling her advertisement sheet up. She wiped the sticky spot off both her advertisement sheet and the table (near the condiments rack).
Overall grade for this restaurant at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): A-