This “Shower Review Petro North Carolina Mebane” is a review of the shower facility at the Petro Stopping Center in Mebane, NC, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like, our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and our observations.
Shower Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
Location: Petro Stopping Center, Mebane, NC, I-40/ 85, Exit 157
Overall Facility: Shower Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- Showers assigned via kiosk.
- Shower is free with minimum 50 gallon purchase of fuel from a Petro Stopping Center anywhere in the nation within the last 5 days or by purchase for USD $10
Note: On this day, we purchased a shower for USD $10. Even before the receipt was generated by the kiosk, the automated shower assignment audio message could be heard.
Pros: Shower Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- One towel and washcloth were waiting for us in the shower
- As soon as the announcement about our shower assignment was heard, a shower attendant (Jesus) was on hand to point us to the right shower and get us extra towels
- Shower was clean upon arrival
- Counter space at sink was large and expansive
- The two double-bulb light fixtures on the wall directly over the sink and next to it were more than sufficient to light up the entire room; male drivers can get a close shave without nicking
- The very wide mirror was well positioned on wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was good
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Shower was designed to allow the user not to get wet when turning on the water as well as to keep splattering outside the stall to a minimum
- Two towel hooks were directly outside the shower stall; a third was nearby
- Door had a deadbolt lock
- Washcloths were thicker than the towels
- Toilet flushed well
- Water from showerhead warmed only slightly when the toilet was flushed
- Hooks were directly outside of shower stall; it was easy to reach for a towel from inside the stall upon completion of shower
- The air vent pulled moisture out of the room such that there was only the smallest amount of fogging of the mirror.
- The built-in seat was large and spacious, more than enough to hold an oversized shower bag and sit down at the same time
Cons: Shower Review Petro North Carolina Mebane
- There was no fan in the room
- Towels were thin
- While the showerhead appeared to be like one you’d use at home, the water coming from it was not evenly sprayed
- Water pressure from the showerhead was quite strong, almost too hard
- The toilet paper holder was defaced
- There was a substantial amount of graffiti on the back of the door, which was also damaged near the floor.
Note: If you purchase a shower at this facility via the kiosk, you will need to insert two USD $5 bills. The extra note taped to the kiosk instructed users to insert a USD $10 bill, but the kiosk will not accept it. We know because we tried it.
Overall grade for this shower at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): B+