This “Shower Review Pilot Alabama Lincoln” is a review of the shower facility at the Pilot Travel Center in Lincoln, AL, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like, our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and our observations.
Shower Review Pilot Alabama Lincoln
Location: Pilot Travel Center, Lincoln, AL, I-20, exit 165
Overall Facility:Shower Review Pilot Alabama Lincoln
- Showers assigned automatically via kiosk
- Keyless entry via keypad (code on printout from kiosk)
- Shower number being called could be heard in the travel store
- Shower customer number and shower number could be seen on display in the travel store
- Shower is free with minimum 50 gallon purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the nation within the last 5 days.
Pros: Shower Review Pilot Alabama Lincoln
- Shower was clean upon arrival, to the point of being almost pristine
- Plenty of counter space at sink
- Fan worked well
- There was good ventilation in the room, as evidenced when Vicki turned off the fan while Mike was in the shower to see if the mirror would fog up; it did not.
- Mirror was well positioned on wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was good
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Water pressure in shower was good
- Showerhead could be positioned where needed
- Showerhead was positioned in stall to minimize splattering on floor outside stall
- Water could be turned on and temperature adjusted in shower without having to get wet
- Door restrictor worked well
- Towels were thick and thirsty, like beach towels
- Washcloths were sufficiently thick
- Toilet flushed well
- Two folded towels were available on the cart in the hall leading to the showers; because of our need for two more towels, we did not even have to see an attendant for more.
- There was a light directly over the mirror, which can help male shower customers keep from getting nicked while shaving.
- Besides the standard towel and wash cloth, there were both a small package of soap and three paper bath mats waiting for us
- There was a mint waiting for us, which is a nice touch
Cons: Shower Review Pilot Alabama Lincoln
- Showerhead could have been better; this kind usually delivers the “sand blaster” type of spray; the spray from this one wasn’t that bad.
- Shower water temperature got slightly warmer whenever someone flushed a toilet
- Shower water pressure lowered slightly whenever someone flushed a toilet
- Built-in seat was too small for an oversized shower bag to rest on
- There was one tiny little bit of graffiti on the hinge side of the door frame.
Note: This was the cleanest, brightest, nicest shower facility we’ve been in to date. Mike hopes that this facility stays this nice for a long time.
Overall grade for this shower at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): A