This “Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth” is a review of the shower facility at the Pilot Travel Center in Port Wentworth, GA, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like, our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and our observations.
Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth
Location: Pilot Travel Center, Port Wentworth, GA, I-95, exit 109
Overall Facility: Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth
- Showers assigned automatically via kiosk
- Keyless entry via keypad (code on printout from kiosk)
- Able to get more towels off cart
- Shower number being called can be heard in the store
- Shower is free with minimum 50 gallon purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the nation within the last 5 days.
Pros: Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth
- Shower appeared to be clean upon arrival
- Plenty of counter space at sink
- Fan worked well
- Mirror was well positioned on wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was good
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Water pressure in shower was good
- Showerhead delivered water in a good spray
- Showerhead could be positioned where needed
- Towels were thick and thirsty, like beach towels
- Washcloths were sufficiently thick
- Toilet flushed well
- Shower water could be turned on and temperature adjusted without getting wet
Cons: Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth
- Showerhead was not positioned in stall to minimize splattering on floor outside stall
- No door restrictor
- Shower water temperature was not consistent; got slightly warmer whenever someone flushed a toilet
- Shower water pressure was not consistent; pressure lowered slightly whenever someone flushed a toilet
- The soap dispenser in the shower stall had no soap
- There was a significant amount of mold or mildew in the far corner of the shower stall
- Built-in seat was too small for an oversized shower bag to rest on
- Toilet paper dispenser was almost empty
Notes: Shower Review Pilot Georgia Port Wentworth
- By the time we got out of our shower, the cart that had held the extra towels that we needed for our shower was empty (because other drivers who arrived after we did used them as we did). This situation did not negatively impact us, but might have inconvenienced other drivers or caused them to seek out an attendant for more towels.
- Management really needs to work on eliminating the mold/mildew from the shower stall. (We suggest using bleach, soap and a good scrub brush, for a start.) If mold was present, what other sorts of microorganisms were present in the stall, particularly on the stall floor where drivers would be standing?
- The toilet paper dispenser should be routinely checked and refilled as needed.
Overall grade for this shower at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): C