We recognize the value of doing a link exchange with high quality, non-competitive, related websites whom we feel provide benefit for our readers.
Near the bottom of selected pages of our website, you will find a “Resources” section that contains a listing of sites with whom we have exchanged links.
We have developed this page as the place where those interested in exchanging links with us can request one — as long as they agree with our Conditions.
High Quality Link Exchanges
We do not apologize for being picky regarding the sites with whom we link. Just as our readers trust us to provide high quality original content on our site, so we believe they should be able to trust our judgment regarding whom we recommend in our Resources.
We believe that when we set high standards, we attract others who have similarly high standards.
There are at least two reasons for engaging in high quality link exchanges:
- sending targeted traffic to each other, and
- increasing link popularity ratings at major search engines.
We have seen many websites spring up that advertise “jobs for truckers” that have absolutely no information about
- who is running the site or
- what will happen to an applicant’s personal information once submitted.
Mike once had bad results from submitting his personal information through an application on a website advertising “truck driving jobs.”
This was after he had done his due diligence in trying to ascertain that it was a credible website.
So, we endeavor to protect drivers from falling into this pit by requiring at least some assurance of basic information and protection on the sites of those with whom we have a link exchange.
Having said that, here are our
Conditions for Having a Link Exchange with
- We refuse to consider linking to a site that does any of the following:
- Violates laws or orders on any level of government;
- Is offensive, invades privacy, or infringes on a third party’s proprietary interests;
- Is pornographic or obscene in nature;
- Is violent or encourages violence;
- Is disparaging, defamatory, or libelous;
- Promotes spam, seeks unauthorized access to users’ computers, or propagates computer worms or viruses or malware or Trojan horses or other programs that are detrimental to users’ computers; or
- Promotes fraud, deception, pyramid schemes, illegal drug use, gambling or any illegal activity.
- We reserve the right to accept or deny a link exchange for whatever reason we determine;
- We reserve the right to monitor the sites with whom we have exchanged links to make sure that they continue to be of high quality;
- We expressly disclaim any responsibility for any content, information, goods or services available through a linked site’s website — and refer you further to our disclaimer page;
- As a protection for us and the sites with whom we do a link exchange, we require that links on both our sites remain in good
standing, and that if a material change is made (such as the renaming of a page or changing of the location of the page on the server), we provide each other with notice of the change; and
- We reserve the right to change or update these conditions as necessary.