This “Shower Review Pilot Tennessee Crossville” is a review of the shower facility at the Pilot Travel Center in Crossville, TN, USA, based upon our own expectations of what a shower facility that caters to professional truck drivers of commercial motor vehicles should be like, our own preferences (especially in comparison to a home bathroom), and our observations.
Shower Review Pilot Tennessee Crossville
Location: Pilot Travel Center, Crossville, TN, I-40, Exit 320
Overall Facility: Shower Review Pilot Tennessee Crossville
- Showers assigned via kiosk.
- Keyless entry via keypad (code on printout from kiosk)
- Able to get one more towel and washcloth from attendant
- Shower number being called could be heard in the travel store
- Shower is free with minimum 50 gallons purchase of fuel from a Pilot Travel Center anywhere in the nation within the last 5 days or by purchase for USD $10
Pros: Shower Review Pilot Tennessee Crossville
- This shower room was decorated with artificial flowers both in a basket on the counter and above the mirror
- One towel and washcloth were waiting for us in the shower
- Shower was clean upon arrival
- Counter space at sink was sufficiently large
- There was a light fixture on the wall directly over the sink by which male drivers can get a close shave without nicking
- The mirror was well positioned on wall behind sink for both short and tall drivers
- Water pressure from sink was good
- Electrical outlets worked well
- Shower was designed to allow the user not to get wet when turning on the water as well as to keep splattering outside the stall to a minimum
- One towel hook was directly outside the shower stall making it easy to reach for a towel from inside the stall upon completion of shower; three more were on the wall behind the door
- Door restrictor worked well; door also had a locking knob.
- Towels were thick and thirsty (like beach towels)
- Washcloths were sufficiently thick
- Toilet flushed well
- Water from showerhead warmed only slightly when the toilet was flushed
- The fan worked well
- The mirror did not fog at all
- Showerhead gave a good spray (but not quite like a home showerhead)
- Showerhead could be positioned where it was needed
- There was a framed letter from the general manager thanking us for our business
- There was a packaged bar of soap, a paper bathmat and two individually wrapped pieces of candy on the counter when we arrived. (The candy added a nice touch.)
Cons: Shower Review Pilot Tennessee Crossville
- The built-in seat was not large enough for an oversized shower bag
- Water pressure in the shower reduced significantly when a toilet was flushed
- The toilet paper dispenser was defaced
- The toilet paper dispenser was mounted in such a way so as to crowd a large-framed driver sitting on the toilet.
- Although there was a light in the shower stall, it was not working.
- The flow of the water through the showerhead sounded noisy. Mike noted that changing the position of the showerhead affected this.
Overall grade for this shower at this facility on a scale of A+ to F- (with A+ being the best, F- being the worst): B+